Everyone knows that a marriage is the most memorable day of a young couple who starts a new life together. So here is a list of low budget wedding ideas that will allow you to celebrate without finding yourself in the red.
Some celebrations can cost up to $ 40,000, so it’s important to take a step back and save.
Shorten the guest list
According to the Huffington Post , the average cost of a marriage in Canada is $ 32,358, and this figure is expected to increase over the next few years.
- Given that many people consider this day to be the most important of their lives, it’s easy to forget about their budget and to spend countless to afford a dream wedding.
However, these astronomical expenses often start with the guest list.
- Although one would ideally want to invite all family members, from cousins to distant relatives, reducing the number of guests could save you a significant amount of money.
- To do this, start with very young children or distant relatives to whom you rarely speak.
- Make sure that the list of guests and the number of people appearing in the list will make a consensus between you and your partner.
- There is a good chance that you will have to compromise on the number of friends and family members you will invite.
Cut in invitations letters
According to the Bridal Association of America, the average cost of invitations to a wedding totaled $ 659.
- Factors contributing to high spending include ornamentals, textured paper and other personalized designs.
- To minimize costs as much as possible, do not enclose a return envelope with postage stamp. Ask your guests to confirm their presence by phone or e-mail.
Engage local photographers and musicians
As it is important to make your guests dance and capture the event with photos, any ceremony worthy of the name will have a music group or a DJ, as well as a photographer.
- When choosing a musician or photographer, remember that you will not only have to pay for them in return for their services, but also pay for their transportation and accommodation costs (depending on where your wedding takes place).
- Since it is easy to lose control of these costs, consider engaging a local musician and photographer.